Our student support services include:
- A friendly, safe, welcoming, supportive and conducive learning environment.
- Flexible course delivery options to suit learner needs.
- One-on-one support where required to assist with any special learning requirements.
- Language Literacy and Numeracy assessments and support as required.
- Smaller class sizes to enable individualised attention and guidance throughout the course.
- Online and in-person administration support for general enquiries, course enquiries, plus wellbeing/welfare counselling support.
- Academic counselling including course or assessment information, management of course complaints/appeals, as well as information on further study pathways.
Facilities and Learning Resources
- Free Wi-Fi on campus (for all courses delivered at Essential Training facilities).
- An online Learner Management System (LMS) for accredited courses, to provide comprehensive learner guides, additional learning resources and ongoing access to learning and assessment information
- Ongoing communications with course trainers to support course progress and completion.
- Our head office training facility boasts a central city location with free CAT bus stops just across the road, and various bus and train stations close by for easy access to and from the campus.
- Fully equipped training rooms with e-Boards, digital screens, or projectors in all rooms for effective use of technology for course delivery and assessment.
- Kitchen facilities are available on campus for meal breaks along with a café located within the Wellington Fair complex.
- Close to all amenities including transport, post offices, banks, shops, cafés, restaurants, parks, and student (purpose-built) accommodation.
Please ensure you have read and understood the course information, as well as read our Learner Handbook prior to course booking/enrolment. If you have any questions relating to the course, including course outcomes, fees, or certification, please contact our friendly staff for further assistance.
Essential Training prides itself on its welcoming and supporting learning environment, ensuring a happy and healthy environment is provided for all stakeholders. Should an issue arise, we aim to deal with any problems or concerns promptly, fairly and without prejudice. Our Complaints and Appeals policy and procedure is outlined in the Student Handbook to ensure learners are aware of their internal and external support channels for any concerns they have with their course, including: content, resources, training delivery, assessment, results or certification.
At any time you can also use our ‘Contact Form’ to provide comments or feedback related to your course or our services. We value constructive feedback as part of our continuous improvement processes.